"Die Speise" which is German for THE DISH!!

Welcome, this is my second blog and a place where you can obtain crockpot or easy dishes to make for you and your family. I know time is precious, so make and go!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ham & Potatoes Au Grautin
2 cups of diced extra-lean ham
4 cups of diced raw potatoes
1 cup of chopped onions
3/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
1 -10 3/4oz can of Healthy Request Cream of Celery Soup (I prefer to use cream of chicken)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon yellow mustard

Spray your crock-pot with butter flavored cooking spray. Combine ham, potatoes and onions. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top. In a small bowl, combine soup, pepper, parsley and mustard. Add soup mixture to potato mixture. Mix well to combine. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Mix well before serving.

Makes six 1-cup servings at 3 WW pts per serving.
Sweet & Sour Chicken
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
5 oz LaChoy Sweet & Sour sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
8 oz pineapple chunks in juice, drained (reserve 1/4 cup juice)
1 tablespoons brown sugar
16 oz bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables

Cut the raw chicken breast into bite sized pieces. Spray your crock-pot with cooking spray. Add chicken, garlic powder and onion powder; stir. Stir in sweet and sour sauce, pineapple chunks, brown sugar and the 1/4 cup of pineapple juice. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Add frozen vegetables during the last 30 minutes of cooking and cook on high.
Makes four servings at 5 WW pts per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Ashley. I am wife to my love & soldier, Lance, for 5 1/2 years now, and we are the proud parents of one son, Logan. My husband is an MP - Dog Handler in the Army, and we're currently stationed in Germany. We live a blessed life here and are enjoying seeing Europe. I am a proud stay-at-home mother and keeper of my home. God is continually transforming me as these things become greater desires in my heart. I am also in school, I am finishing my degree in PR & Marketing. While I am happy to be finishing back in school, family comes first. These blogs are my way to, hopefully, minister to you the reader. May God bless you richly in your daily walk.