"Die Speise" which is German for THE DISH!!

Welcome, this is my second blog and a place where you can obtain crockpot or easy dishes to make for you and your family. I know time is precious, so make and go!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

A New one from Betty...

Slow Cooker Chili Mole
(Bettycrocker.com)

Chili seasoning and chocolate give this chili its distinctively rich, dark, smoky flavor.

Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 4 hours 15 min
Makes: 6 servings (1 1/2 cups each)

1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef <-- could use ground Turkey
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 package (1.25 oz) Tex-Mex chili seasoning mix
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 oz) spicy chili beans, undrained
1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped

Total Time: 37 min 1. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
2. Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix beef mixture and remaining ingredients.
3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours. Stir well before serving.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Ashley. I am wife to my love & soldier, Lance, for 5 1/2 years now, and we are the proud parents of one son, Logan. My husband is an MP - Dog Handler in the Army, and we're currently stationed in Germany. We live a blessed life here and are enjoying seeing Europe. I am a proud stay-at-home mother and keeper of my home. God is continually transforming me as these things become greater desires in my heart. I am also in school, I am finishing my degree in PR & Marketing. While I am happy to be finishing back in school, family comes first. These blogs are my way to, hopefully, minister to you the reader. May God bless you richly in your daily walk.