"Die Speise" which is German for THE DISH!!

Welcome, this is my second blog and a place where you can obtain crockpot or easy dishes to make for you and your family. I know time is precious, so make and go!

Monday, October 12, 2009

Hamburger Casserole Crock Pot Recipe

Ingredients:
16 oz. extra lean gr. beef (or turkey)
2 cups sliced raw potatoes
1 1/2 cups sliced carrots (I used frozen)
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup frozen peas –thawed
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn – thawed
1 10 oz. can healthy Request Tomato Soup
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 can mushrooms
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
In large skillet brown meat, onion & celery mixture and mushrooms. In slow cooker – sprayed with a butter flavored spray (or a non-stick cooking spray), combine meat mixture, potatoes, carrots, peas, and corn. Stir in tomato soup, water, parsley flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
Serving = 1 cup
Each serving = 5 Weight Watchers Points

Chicken Jambalaya Recipe
Ingredients:
- 1 spray non fat cooking spray
- 2 1/2 oz raw turkey sausage, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium celery, stalk, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium chicken breast, cooked, skinless, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 28 oz canned tomatoes, whole, plum, peeled with juice
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked white rice, long-grain

Directions:
Coat a large, nonstick saucepan with cooking spray. Over high heat, sauté sausage until crispy on edges. Add onion, celery and green pepper; sauté until tender.
Reduce heat and stir in cayenne, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic; sauté until garlic is fragrant.
Stir in chicken, tomatoes, broth and rice. Bring to a simmer, cover and let cook until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
Flavor Booster: Popcorn rice, a specialty of Louisiana, is a delicious substitute for long-grain rice. The rice, which has a mild nutty taste like basmati rice, is available through gourmet food stores and Internet specialty shops
Serving size is 1 1/4 cups
Each serving = 7 Weight Watchers Points

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for doing this! I've been wanting to use my crockpot more since we sometimes don't have time to cook dinner. Blessings!

    www.sacredheartshomeschool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Ashley. I am wife to my love & soldier, Lance, for 5 1/2 years now, and we are the proud parents of one son, Logan. My husband is an MP - Dog Handler in the Army, and we're currently stationed in Germany. We live a blessed life here and are enjoying seeing Europe. I am a proud stay-at-home mother and keeper of my home. God is continually transforming me as these things become greater desires in my heart. I am also in school, I am finishing my degree in PR & Marketing. While I am happy to be finishing back in school, family comes first. These blogs are my way to, hopefully, minister to you the reader. May God bless you richly in your daily walk.